Friday, December 17, 2010

Indiana Jones and the Secondary Profession

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks of Indiana Jones when I hear the new profession, Archeology. Let's get real for a moment, if you don't like Indiana Jones (and I don't mean that 4th movie, I mean the 3 good ones), then Archeology just isn't going to be so fun for you. Heck, you might wanna stay out of Uldum too.

In any event, if you are a fan of Indy, I bet you're humming the Indiana Jones theme as you dig up fossils as we speak. Or you're enjoying the references to just about every Indiana Jones film with the Archeology achievements. However, be wary, Archeology is a dangerous profession in that it will suck your soul out and make you it's.....yeah.

With rewards such as minipets like the Fossilized Hatchling or the mounts like the Fossilized Raptor or Silithid tank, it's no wonder people are picking up this secondary profession and leveling it like mad. A few people I know *cough*guildies*cough* actually leveled up to 85 using Archeology.

No, they weren't that fast at it and now they're tripping out over finding a Canopic Jar. I'll be joining them soon enough... *pats Alchemy*

But I can see why he did choose to level Archeology. It's addictive. The second your little archeology book tells you your next set of 100 fossils will get you the Fossilized Raptor, guess what you're going to be doing for the next 2 hours.

It's just a shame I can't actually tame one of these bone raptors to be my pet. Seriously, they would rock.

No pun intended.

A/N: If you would like to learn more about Archeology, you should check out this WoWhead blog post, where TankSpot has made a video explaining just how to level archeology!

No comments: