Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Best. Weeks. Ever.

Warning: The screenshots may contain some language. If you are easily offended, don't view. I'm not responsible for you learning a new word. Thank you.

The past few weeks have been the best ever. Being a casual player, my goals are quite varied from the norm of “OMG epics!” Ok so I still like the purples, but I love other “epic” things: Like taming pets, finding mounts, getting past 300 fishing, etc. etc. Well in the 2 weeks since 3.2 launch (I know, I’m late), I have had a wonderful time.


First of all, I found Skoll! Woohoo! I didn’t even have to end up hating Storm Peaks either. This time around, I told myself I wouldn’t get addicted to camping (like I did with Loque’nahak). I gave myself 2 hour limit and then said I’d play Druid or something. (Un)fortunately, I never listen to myself. I found myself camping like crazy on my home-realm looking for this electric wolf of awesome-ness.

32 hours in (no not straight, I did get out!), I decided to go see if I could find one of those adorable little raptor pets. I switched to Druid, flew to Barrens and went over to where Takk the Leaper spawns. Wow, I hadn’t seen a gathering like that in a long time. It was like Cher or Brad Pitt was going to walk out from underneath that tree. I decided to not bother camping Takk and switched back over to my Hunter. I flew back to Dalaran: while doing so, I hit my target macro.

“YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!”

“OMG ITS SKOLL!” There beneath me, just sitting in the snow was Skoll! I dropped off my drake (literally dropped, for some reason I can never land right….) and dropped trap and tamed. I was surprised but had no problem showing off my new pet to friends, telling them to turn up their sound to hear the lightning effects. I’m sure Heero (Loque’nahak) is pissed about being stabled for 2 weeks, but he’ll manage. As for Skoll, well, he was renamed Raiju. So what’s better than a new pet?

I FINALLY GOT MY RIVENDARE’S DEATHCHARGER!!!!

Auuuugh!!!

So happy. I’ve only done about 53 runs post patch 3.0, but did hundreds of runs (I’ve lost count) since I started farming it last June. I had decided to take Raiju with me and see how a run went that night. As I made it to the Baron’s room, I sat in front of Baron doing my verbal mantra of “Drop my mount asshat!”

And he did.

Upon looting I noticed a strange skeletal horse head in the loot table. I looted so fast and spazzed, I didn’t even get a screenshot of the achievement. I just screamed and spazzed, yelled “OMG!” to my guildies and “FU” to Baron. I swore to never return to Strat, but I think I’m still missing the live strat achievement (nooooo!)…
Hmm I know, sort of a pointless post right? Ah well. I enjoyed squealing the entire time I wrote this, and I’m sure there’s other players out there who have feats that are squeal-worthy too.

So, what’re your “epics”? ;)

2 comments:

Beth said...

That is one great-looking wolf. Grats! :)

Eli said...

My ground mount(s) that I'm most proud of? I got Attumen the Huntsman's Fiery Warhorse 2 months before WotLK dropped, and I used it ALL the time. You could never find me on any other mount (except flying) and then I finally got my Mekgineer's chopper a week and a half ago and i squuuuueeeeed at being able to carry passengers :)