Friday, August 21, 2009

WoW: Cataclysm! New Mounts

So I just got done with the opening ceremony, and finally managed to stop squealing "WORGEN!" enough to actually breathe and write. Now, I am still squealing, and still watching, so I will make this post short. However, during the panel I noticed some screenshots that caught my eye.

Now if you look at the small pic I posted, you'll see that there is definitely a Worgen on top of what is most likely the first sketch of the Worgen mount. Now, the face and body of this mount definitely looks canine and wolf-like at that; the build and ears especially. Now some of the paws though look somewhat lizard or boar like to me. Now I don't know why either boar or lizard would be part of the mount for Worgen, but this mounts "stance" definitely follows a boar-like stance. That tail is very lizardish. So just what are these things??? Well, guess the people of Gilneas aren't the only cursed/mutated creatures we're seeing.

Now Worgen aren't the only new mount. As I typed this, the Goblin mount was showcased. In true Goblin fashion, it is a go-kart-like vehicle. Now I just wonder, will they be crashin' and thrashin' into the walls just like they did in Thousand Needles? I sure hope not....I really don't want to be roadkill....

Edit: Yes, that picture is small. However, MMO-champion updated their site with almost all the same screenshots I took but much larger and better looking. So stop by there and take a gander. Here's their version of the same screenshot I have above, but again, it's theirs. Now we definitely can see, it's boarish.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Great! I'm glad you found that worgen drawing. That does look remarkably like a giant wild boar. I'm willing to bet that it is, since they'd never duplicate Orc wolf mounts on alliance side.